The McKeever Environmental Learning Center is folded into a natural wooded setting about 75 miles north of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania near Sandy Lake, Mercer County. The center is administered by Slippery Rock University of PA as a public service institute of the PA State System of Higher Education.
The center offers residential and non-residential programs for schools throughout the year.
The calendar of events will keep you informed of upcoming public programs and events.
Nestled amidst 205-acres, ten (10) buildings offer a private, natural atmosphere with modern conveniences. The Center’s year-round facilities provide a comfortable setting for your group’s outing.
McKeever’s retreat center is ideal for “getting away” from the office, phones and faxes. Bring your staff to work on team building, planning sessions and retreats at this beautiful facility.
Food selection will be an important part of your decision making process. We have a variety of menus designed to meet your needs.
Four miles of trails meander through hardwood forests with streams, meadows and hemlock ravines that are open to the public sunrise to sunset every day of the year.
Subscribe to the McKeever Newsletter
- Slippery Rock University Slippery Rock University of Pennsylvania – A Rock Solid Education
- PA State System of Higher Education Let a state system university be your answer.
- Pennsylvania Association of Environmental Educators PAEE unites, supports, and empowers a community of Environmental Educators throughout Pennsylvania.
- EnviroLink Network Non-profit organization providing access to thousands of online environmental resources.
- GreenTreks Network, Inc. Telling Stories that Change the World
- PA Fish and Boat Commission Protect, conserve, and enhance the Commonwealth’s aquatic resources and provide fishing and boating opportunities
- Mercer County, PA Everyone needs an escape plan.