The average school-aged student spends over 5 hours every day looking at a monitor. Summer is a time for children to spend time outdoors. Our camps are designed to connect children with the natural world through play, adventure and fun.
Explore McKeever Camp (Ages 10-12)
August 9-11, 2017
This summer experience involves kids spending time exploring in and learning about the wonders of the McKeever Center’s forest. Your child can expect to hike within the beautiful hardwoods, investigate the crystal clear McKutcheon Run, and traverse the nighttime forest all while building new friendships with kids from all over.
To register: https://sru.irisregistration.com/Form/Explore
Nature Day Camp (Ages 5-10)
August 14-18, 2017
Our Nature Day Camps are designed to connect children with the natural world through play, adventure and fun – all of which takes place in the natural world at McKeever, it’s trails, forests, streams and the many plants and animals that live there. Throughout the camp, we instill a sense of wonder while children explore the natural world around them. Our Nature Day Camps run 9 AM – 3 PM Monday through Friday. This year there are three sessions for 5 – 10 year olds. Smaller learning groups will be divided by age each session. Campers can register for either or both weeks as themes and activities are different each week.
To register: https://sru.irisregistration.com/Form/McKeeverDayAug
Subscribe to the McKeever Newsletter
Choose a Category
- Slippery Rock University Slippery Rock University of Pennsylvania – A Rock Solid Education
- PA State System of Higher Education Let a state system university be your answer.
- Pennsylvania Association of Environmental Educators PAEE unites, supports, and empowers a community of Environmental Educators throughout Pennsylvania.
- EnviroLink Network Non-profit organization providing access to thousands of online environmental resources.
- GreenTreks Network, Inc. Telling Stories that Change the World
- PA Fish and Boat Commission Protect, conserve, and enhance the Commonwealth’s aquatic resources and provide fishing and boating opportunities
- Mercer County, PA Everyone needs an escape plan.