CalendarContact us for more information regarding the events or sign-up.
Nature Day Camp (5-7 Year Olds)
June 15-19, 2015
Earthkeepers Level II Camp
June 22-26, 2015
Nature Day Camp (8-10 Year Olds)
July 13-17, 2015
Hardwood Lumber Grading Short Course
July 20-23, 2015
July 29-31, 2015
Outdoor Adventure Camp
August 3-7, 2015
13th Annual Nature Art Show
September 25-27, 2015
Nature artists will display and sell their work during McKeever’s 12th Annual Nature Art Show. Each artist is given a room to display and sell their work. The artist fills the space with art work that reflects the wonders and beauty of nature creating their own “art gallery.” Food and beverages are served throughout the weekend. Hours of the show are: Friday: 6-9 pm; Saturday: 10 am – 6 pm and Sunday: noon to 4 pm. Julie Harris, singer/guitarist will perform Friday evening from 6-9 pm.
Miles for McKeever 5k Race/Hike
October 18, 2015
This unique 5K trail race/hike will meander through the scenic woodlands of the McKeever Center. Runners and hikers are welcome! NEW this year – kids (10 and under) 1/2 mile fun run! More information is provided below.
Awards: Top three overall males and females will receive awards, age group awards in 10 year increments, and finisher awards to all participants.
Fee: $30 by October 1, 2015. $35 after October 1, 2015. Registration accepted up until race morning. All pre-registered participants will receive a long sleeve t-shirt and a finishers award. Remaining t-shirts will be first-come, first-served. Post-race refreshments and snacks will be provided to all participants.
Packet Pickup/Late Registration: Sunday October 18, 2015 8:30-9:45AM at McKeever’s Dining Hall.
Benefits: The proceeds from this race will benefit the McKeever Environmental Learning Center. Proceeds will be used for education materials and to maintain trails. Our general mission is to guide individuals toward developing and maintaining a sustainable relationship between themselves and the natural world in his/her workplace, residence, and recreation. McKeever’s residential campus provides a unique educational setting for experiencing and exploring personal connections and the impact it has on the natural world.
MAKE CHECKS PAYABLE TO: SRU Foundation and mail to the McKeever Environmental Learning Center, 55 McKeever Lane, Sandy Lake, PA 16145.
QUESTIONS? Please contact Julie Ferringer at email@example.com.
5K Registration: https://www.
5K Sponsorship: https://www.
Subscribe to the McKeever Newsletter
Choose a Category
- Slippery Rock University Slippery Rock University of Pennsylvania – A Rock Solid Education
- PA State System of Higher Education Let a state system university be your answer.
- Pennsylvania Association of Environmental Educators PAEE unites, supports, and empowers a community of Environmental Educators throughout Pennsylvania.
- EnviroLink Network Non-profit organization providing access to thousands of online environmental resources.
- GreenTreks Network, Inc. Telling Stories that Change the World
- PA Fish and Boat Commission Protect, conserve, and enhance the Commonwealth’s aquatic resources and provide fishing and boating opportunities
- Mercer County, PA Everyone needs an escape plan.