Outdoor Adventure Summer Camp
This three-day overnight camp is for children ages 12-14. Goals of this camp include students spending time in the natural world developing skills such as hiking, cycling and canoeing. In the process, participants will increase their confidence level, build character, a sense of accomplishment and of course, learn in the process.
Each day we’ll focus on an outdoor skill, whether it’s hiking in a nearby State Forest, cycling at Goddard State Park or canoeing in a protected wildlife area where sightings of bald eagles and ospreys are common. In addition to developing and sharpening these outdoor skills, participants will begin to work on a personal relationship with the natural world.
Activities at the McKeever Center include wildlife stewardship, ecology, leave no trace and orienteering.
This summer (overnight) camp is for boys and girls ages 12-14 who are looking for an outdoor adventure. Campers should be physically fit meaning that you are in good or very good physical condition. The cost includes two nights lodging, seven meals, instruction and materials.
Subscribe to the McKeever Newsletter
Choose a Category
- Slippery Rock University Slippery Rock University of Pennsylvania – A Rock Solid Education
- PA State System of Higher Education Let a state system university be your answer.
- Pennsylvania Association of Environmental Educators PAEE unites, supports, and empowers a community of Environmental Educators throughout Pennsylvania.
- EnviroLink Network Non-profit organization providing access to thousands of online environmental resources.
- GreenTreks Network, Inc. Telling Stories that Change the World
- PA Fish and Boat Commission Protect, conserve, and enhance the Commonwealth’s aquatic resources and provide fishing and boating opportunities
- Mercer County, PA Everyone needs an escape plan.