Nature Day Camps
“I sincerely believe that for the child, and for the parent seeking to guide him, it is not half so important to know as to feel. If facts are the seeds that later produce the knowledge and wisdom, then the emotions and the impressions of the senses are the fertile soil in which the seeds must grow. They years of early childhood are the time to prepare the soil. . .” – Rachel Carson
Nature Day Camps at the McKeever Environmental Learning Center span 5 days. They are are split into two sessions: ages 5-7 and ages 8-9.
McKeever’s Nature Day Camps are designed to re-connect children with the natural world through play, adventure and fun – all of which takes place in the natural world at McKeever, it’s forests and streams and the many plants and animals that live there.
Each day and throughout the week, we instill a ‘sense of wonder’ while children explore and discover the natural world around them. A big part of each day’s activities will be using the senses of touching, smelling, listening and seeing.
Subscribe to the McKeever Newsletter
Choose a Category
- Slippery Rock University Slippery Rock University of Pennsylvania – A Rock Solid Education
- PA State System of Higher Education Let a state system university be your answer.
- Pennsylvania Association of Environmental Educators PAEE unites, supports, and empowers a community of Environmental Educators throughout Pennsylvania.
- EnviroLink Network Non-profit organization providing access to thousands of online environmental resources.
- GreenTreks Network, Inc. Telling Stories that Change the World
- PA Fish and Boat Commission Protect, conserve, and enhance the Commonwealth’s aquatic resources and provide fishing and boating opportunities
- Mercer County, PA Everyone needs an escape plan.