Where Energy Comes From
McKeever Environmental Learning Center is offering a one-day (in school) program that focuses on energy and materials used in your school. This 3-hour program will lead into countless extension related topics for your students.
The program includes:
- Presentation on the formation of fossil fuels,
- Types of fossil fuels and byproducts of their use,
- Examination of energy and materials in your lunches,
- Role of Recycling and Landfills,
- And introduction of worms as composers.
This program addresses the following standards for Environment and Ecology
Renewable and Nonrenewable Resources
- Fossil Fuels
- Water Cycle
Humans and the Environment
- Importance of natural resources in daily life
- Identify items used that come from natural resources
- Identify ways to conserve natural resources
Subscribe to the McKeever Newsletter
Choose a Category
artists art show camp camping community service conferences earthkeepers education environment events gardening gardens John Muir mckeever mckeever center menu nature news newsletter outdoor programs philanthropy population rental retreats school programs Sierra Club summer support website workshops
- Slippery Rock University Slippery Rock University of Pennsylvania – A Rock Solid Education
- PA State System of Higher Education Let a state system university be your answer.
- Pennsylvania Association of Environmental Educators PAEE unites, supports, and empowers a community of Environmental Educators throughout Pennsylvania.
- EnviroLink Network Non-profit organization providing access to thousands of online environmental resources.
- GreenTreks Network, Inc. Telling Stories that Change the World
- PA Fish and Boat Commission Protect, conserve, and enhance the Commonwealth’s aquatic resources and provide fishing and boating opportunities
- Mercer County, PA Everyone needs an escape plan.