Just a few miles off of Interstates 79 & 80 near the quaint little town of Sandy Lake lays the McKeever Environmental Learning Center. Nestled among a beautiful hardwood forest, there you will find 10 buildings carefully tucked into this natural setting. The McKeever Center makes an ideal setting for conferences, whether it’s a single day or a multiple day event requiring overnight accommodations.
Our buildings consisting of red brick and natural cedar were designed to blend with the natural world. The buildings are situated in a circle connected by a paved walkway creating a feeling of community for our groups.
Unlike the typical franchised conference sites, participants can take short walks on one of our four hiking trails or sit outdoors on one of our many benches marveling at the natural world at hand. This non-formal setting energizes creativity and sends participants away feeling recharged.
- 185-seat auditorium equipped with 10-foot electric screen, sound system, projectors, microphones and free wireless internet.
- Sandy Creek Conservancy Conference Room – executive high back chairs, this room can accommodate 20 people. Equipped with screen, whiteboard, flipchart and wireless internet
- Retreat Conference Room – comfortable seating for 25 people. Room has screen, whiteboard and wireless internet
- Meeting Rooms – Six rooms, all with large windows with outstanding views of our forest are capable of handling between 25-50 people in each room. Rooms are equipped with chairs, round or rectangular tables, white or chalkboards, flipcharts and screens.
Subscribe to the McKeever Newsletter
Choose a Category
- Slippery Rock University Slippery Rock University of Pennsylvania – A Rock Solid Education
- PA State System of Higher Education Let a state system university be your answer.
- Pennsylvania Association of Environmental Educators PAEE unites, supports, and empowers a community of Environmental Educators throughout Pennsylvania.
- EnviroLink Network Non-profit organization providing access to thousands of online environmental resources.
- GreenTreks Network, Inc. Telling Stories that Change the World
- PA Fish and Boat Commission Protect, conserve, and enhance the Commonwealth’s aquatic resources and provide fishing and boating opportunities
- Mercer County, PA Everyone needs an escape plan.