The Keystone Trails Association invites volunteers to come out and work on the McKeever-Goddard hiking trail! This is one of only two trails within the park that are specifically set aside for hikers, and it has been years since the trail has been completely open from its connection with the bike trail clear to McKeever Environmental Learning Center. KTA has a complete day of work lined up and we need as much help as we can get from our partners. Volunteers will meet at Maurice-Goddard State Park, at the Launch #1 Pavilion at 8:30 a.m., to begin a day of trail work. A modest lunch will be provided for participants so please make sure to register for this event. To register, please contact McKeever Center at 724-376-1000.
Did you know that bluebirds were once a rare species in Pennsylvania? But today, these birds are able to thrive due to the help of mindful homeowners and educated individuals.
McKeever Environmental Learning Center and the Bluebird Society of Pennsylvania invite you and your family to learn more about our state’s most-beloved songbird. This workshop held on Saturday, March 17 from 10 AM to Noon will discuss the natural history of the bluebird as well as provide tips on how to attract this unique bird to your own backyard. Speaker for the event, Harry Shmeider, will also address issues associated with the bluebird population, while providing suggestions on how you can become a bluebird steward.
Subscribe to the McKeever Newsletter
Choose a Category
- Slippery Rock University Slippery Rock University of Pennsylvania – A Rock Solid Education
- PA State System of Higher Education Let a state system university be your answer.
- Pennsylvania Association of Environmental Educators PAEE unites, supports, and empowers a community of Environmental Educators throughout Pennsylvania.
- EnviroLink Network Non-profit organization providing access to thousands of online environmental resources.
- GreenTreks Network, Inc. Telling Stories that Change the World
- PA Fish and Boat Commission Protect, conserve, and enhance the Commonwealth’s aquatic resources and provide fishing and boating opportunities
- Mercer County, PA Everyone needs an escape plan.