Realizing that we have a responsibility for the world in which future generations will live, the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania created the McKeever Center in 1974. The McKeever Center is a public service institute of the Pennsylvania State System of Higher Education.
Our general mission is to guide individuals toward developing and maintaining a sustainable relationship between themselves and the natural world in his/her workplace, residence and recreation. McKeever’s residential campus provides a unique educational setting for experiencing and exploring personal connections and the impact it has on the natural world.
- Teacher Education
Provide opportunities for in-service teachers to experience interdisciplinary curricula in environmental education resources, programs, workshops and a model school for environmental education research.
- Undergraduate Education
Create opportunities for student teachers to develop teaching skills and provide a setting for training and supervising undergraduates in reaching standards set by each university.
- Basic Education
Collaborate with schools in Pennsylvania by providing a variety of environmental education programs for grades one through twelve.
- Public Service and Continuing Education
Offer environmentally related workshops, events, conferences and seminars for the general public and special interest groups. Make facilities available for rental to the general public.
- Research and Graduate Education
Provide a site for environmental research and development of environmental education programs.
- Sustainable Practices
Strive to model practices that minimize consumption and maximize use of energy and materials.
Subscribe to the McKeever Newsletter
Choose a Category
- Slippery Rock University Slippery Rock University of Pennsylvania – A Rock Solid Education
- PA State System of Higher Education Let a state system university be your answer.
- Pennsylvania Association of Environmental Educators PAEE unites, supports, and empowers a community of Environmental Educators throughout Pennsylvania.
- EnviroLink Network Non-profit organization providing access to thousands of online environmental resources.
- GreenTreks Network, Inc. Telling Stories that Change the World
- PA Fish and Boat Commission Protect, conserve, and enhance the Commonwealth’s aquatic resources and provide fishing and boating opportunities
- Mercer County, PA Everyone needs an escape plan.